Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 33: Stockton Brookside


Dear Family and Friends,

I'm doing well.  I've been out for 8 months now, and boy has it just flown by.  I'm enjoying my area and all that it entails with the driving, teaching, and crazy people that we see every day.  All is well in Stockton.  My companion and I found "Straight Outta Stockton" t-shirts so that explains why there's no money in my account other than the allergy medicine I bought this morning.  I did mention institute.  So in the YSA they all get to go to institute and because it's our ward, if we have some extra time or we just want to go we can go and sit in for a bit.  Especially because I didn't get the opportunity to go to the YSA or any of their activities before I came out, it's really fun to be able to participate in the YSA.  (YSA=Young Single Adult)

All is going well otherwise.  Not too much really happened this week.  We only had one lesson this entire week but it was with Giovanni.  It turned out that when we got there and asked if he had any questions he had read the next 3 lessons ahead. So we were able to teach the next 4 lessons in one because he had read ahead and understood what he had read. It was really cool to get there and have been able to teach someone who has been so prepared and dedicated to wanting to change.

As for this weekend for Mother's day, we have church until 4 too and our dinner is in Lodi, so we will go up there and eat at 5:30, and then call home at 6:30 our time.  So plan to get a call and probably skype around 7:30 your time. 

Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment