Dear Family and Friends,
I'm always in for another week of learning and something new going on. I'm in the Galt 1st ward. It's a really nice ward and the members are great. However, the city itself is so slow, and boring, and when we are out try to contact people, there's no one outside. And as much as we talk about how tracting isn't effective, it might be the only effective thing in this area. In Stockton it's not even worth it, but here it might be all we can do. Transferring went pretty well. My new companion is pretty cool. He's from St. Louis, Missouri. He's been out for 5 months, all of that in this area. We have a car, but it's so much dirtier. We live in Galt. And because of the lack of apartments in Galt, we actually live in a house. So we have this 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house that we live in, and it's just us. We can basically bike the bulk of our area because we cover most of the city, and it's about the same size as my first area.
We had a baptism this week as well. I came in just in time I guess. But it was good, the kid is 10. He's really smart and totally understands just about all that we teach him. Other than him, we don't currently have any solid investigators. We are working with some that can be really good, but we'll have to see after a bit longer.
I got the package. Thanks for all the stuff that came in it. It's been a tough week just to not have much to go off of so it helped a bit when I got it on Friday.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment