Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 44: Stockton Brookside -Transfers!

Dear Family and Friends,

After 11 months of glorious service in Stockton, I have been transferred to the Galt 1st ward in the Lodi stake.  I will be a district leader, which means I will be leading all meetings each week with a set of missionaries and then I will be the go to source for all their help when they have questions.  It was an interesting call to have, but it'll be good, and probably a good change at it's time.  

So, all the interesting things that happened this week:

1.  On Tuesday night we had just stopped by someone before heading home and in order to get home we had to take the freeway.  As we entered the freeway and hit about 60ish mph, all of a sudden I heard a clunk on the trunk of our car and a black thing fall off the car, and next thing I remember is that it was my scriptures.  So we pulled over and ran back to pick them up, which is totally illegal but it was a worthy cause.

2.  We were driving on the freeway on Wednesday around 2:30ish, and probably in the busiest length of freeway in Stockton, and my companion's bike fell off our bike rack while we were travelling at 70mph.  Needless to say, his bike was destroyed within the hour.  It fell off, and we circled around to see if we could get it back.  Once we pulled over on the freeway again, it looked fine, but while we watched to see if we could grab it, a huge semi came barreling passed and absolutely crushed it and pieces went flying everywhere.  So we left so we wouldn't get a ticket and then someone told us to go back and see if we could get the pieces.  It was pretty crazy, and my bike is still fine.  

3.  Friday night/Saturday morning we get in the car and my mp3 player is missing.  I could have sworn that I locked the car Friday night, but I guess not.  We assumed it was stolen, but just surprised that they didn't steal anything else, like the gps, or my sunglasses.  Just surprising that the one thing they stole was the thing full of church music.  

Other than that, all is well.  Don't worry about sending another mp3 player, I can probably just listen to what my companion will have.  And I can't think of anything I would want for my birthday, so just have fun with it.  

Love,
Elder Weber
I will add that his companion goes home on Wednesday.  So, I guess the bike is now one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment