Monday, March 21, 2016

Week 27: Stockton Brookside - The Attack!

Dear Family and Friends, 

The transition is going well, we are having a lot of fun.  The work is getting better too and we run into a lot of crazy experiences too.  There are some people I am noticing that will be solid investigators when we finally start to get stuff scheduled.  Now for some of the crazy experiences this week.

So first one.  This happened on Friday.  I got attacked by a goose.  Basically, my companion and I were going out to our car, and he was able to get under the car port, but I had to go the other way around because this goose was in between us on the car port.  When I had gotten behind our car, the goose had gotten to the other side and jumped off the port and started flying at me.  As it flew at me, I contemplated what I should do.  I stood there with a gps in one hand and a water bottle in the other, and it got closer and closer.  Next thing I know, I dropped to the ground and dodged the goose.  It flew passed and landed on the ground next to me and I got up and ran to the car.  Talk about crazy animals.   I carry a golf club to the car now and Elder Newsome carries a plastic bat.

Another one.  We were just leaving someone's house on I think Saturday, and this guy comes up to us and asks us if we talk about God.  We said we did and so he asks us if we want pictures of God.  We said sure and followed him to his car across the street.  He's like 60 something and not too big so we weren't going to get taken or anything.  He opened up his trunk and starts shuffling stuff around.  He gets to the panel and pulls it up to where you can get to the spare tire, and grabs this folder labelled "GOD".  And it was under the panel as if super secret and stuff.  So he opens it up and is explaining that he has taken these portraits of God himself.  Basically they were just photos of the sun with the clouds and some weird shapes that he said were God.  He was totally a tweeker though.  

As for my car, I drive a 2014 Chevrolet Cruze.  It's silver and a lot of fun, the only problem is tiwi is there, so I am being governed, for a good reason.  

That's about it for now,  have a good week.

Love,
Elder Weber


No comments:

Post a Comment