I still have a sister mission left. This means 6 months is done with 18 months to go, that's how long Sister Missionaries serve. It is very weird to think that I have been out for a quarter of my mission. 6 months has flown by, and yet all of it was in one area. I've seen this area go from nothing to something. Actually, to have 4 people get baptized, 3 others on the way, and enough work to fill our time week by week, I have seen this area begin to flourish. It's truly rewarding to see the results of the transfers as I look back on the past 6 months. It's been a real blessing to have been here, to have been trained, follow-up trained, and a trainer all in this area. I love this area and all that has happened in it, but I am also happy that I have been transferred out.
This week has been a pretty great week. One of our investigators flaked on her baptism but we have still had some monumental movement and activity in this area. It has been a really fun transfer despite the rocky moments of our companionship. But I have really appreciated the work that has gone on while I've been here. It's been a good week though. We were preparing for the baptism, and finishing up some teaching for them. We also had some lessons with other investigators and working with our ward mission leader and visiting less actives and members.
Not too many crazy experiences or anything. I just remember having a lot of fun with our ward mission leader. He is 28, and works for this logistics company called Williams Tank Lines. He is one of the head computer guys, has experience programming and stuff like that, but right now he manages looking at where all the trucks are and opening up new lines and stations and stuff. I see a lot of both Dad and my self in him. He has also noticed how much him and I act alike and get along really well. It has been a real blessing to have someone like him to work with.
The really new thing is transfers. I'm actually staying in Stockton, but I am moving wards. I've been transferred to the Pacific YSA and Brookside wards. That means that it's just going to be an even more fun transfer coming up.The major stuff with transfers, so I am leaving Creekside. Elder Burton will be staying, and will receive the companion of the missionary I will be with in the YSA. So we are basically just switching companions. My new companion's name is Elder Newsome. For me it is a much needed change. Not too far so I am still close, but a new area to work in means I won't get bored and can actually focus on work instead of having to get distracted by being with members. I'm really excited, because I'll also get a car and I don't have to ride a bike as often anymore.
Well that's the most of it. It's exciting to hear the things going on at home, and I hope that all stays well. All is well with me, and I am excited to see the things that are set to come.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment