Monday, January 4, 2016

Weeks 15 & 16: Stockton Creekside


Elder Weber and Elder Baird



December 28, 2015
Dear Family and Friends,

At least to my family, there isn't much to talk about since I called home on Christmas, but for the sake of everyone else that wants to read and hear what is going on, I'll do the usual.

Christmas week was pretty boring in all honesty besides Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  You would think that people would be more receptive to what we want to share with them.  However, the opposite is true.  People were probably even less receptive than before.  They were just a bit nicer about saying no.  That, personally, just shows me how materialized this Nation, and maybe even world, has become.  That people really don't want to hear more about Christ, but that they just want to know what is inside the wrapping paper and under the tree downstairs.  It has also helped me to see that I need change the way I think about the season and knowing that our Savior is being celebrated on that day.  

We are finding new investigators and losing others regardless though.  Some are progressing and it is great to see the change in their hearts as they begin to accept the gospel.  I'm also seeing a huge change in my own testimony.  I had the privilege to speak yesterday with a return missionary and was asked to speak on my mission experiences.  But that wasn't enough for me, so I decided to talk about how this has been a test of my faith.  That through all we do as missionaries, our faith is tested and strengthened each day.  We test our faith by doing and relying on our Heavenly Father.  And thus I was told I did a good job.

Other than that, all is well, the same old stuff is happening. 

Love,
Elder Weber
Some Christmas Treats!
January 4, 2016 
Dear Family and Friends,

I am doing well.  New Years was kind of weird.  We were asked to stay out until the normal time for New Years.  We were just asked to have appointments and be careful when we are outside.  We do have investigators and the teaching is going well.  We are still teaching the woman whose husband is in prison and won't let her get baptized.  And one of the others is a recent converts mother.  She is really interested in the church and wants to know what her son does and has been doing for the last year and a half.

We learned about distractions this week in our studies and meetings.  We are studying this as part of the new year.  In the ward we heard about every day distractions.  Cell phones, computers, sports, and countless other things.  For missionaries, they were things on preparation day, things that get in the way of proselyting.  We all tend to look at what distracts us and try to change that to be better missionaries, but I invite everyone at home to change what you do to not be distracted from the work.
I know that through your faith and effort, God will make it possible for you to do all the things that the Prophets and Apostles and Scriptures have asked for you to do.

Love,
Elder Weber
A few pictures of their apartment.


No comments:

Post a Comment