Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 18: Stockton Creekside - The Work Picks Up


Elder Weber in his new glasses.


Dear Family and Friends,

It seems like my time here as flown by.  They say the first 6 months takes the longest, but I can't imagine time going any faster while I'm out.  Transfers are coming up this next week, and we should be receiving our transfer calls this Saturday.  I think I'm staying.  As much as I thought I was leaving last transfer, I think I am going to stay this transfer.  I really enjoy the area and the ward.  It would be cool to be somewhere else but I really want to see where the work goes with this ward in the next 6 weeks.

The eye appointment went well.  Just some quick tests and they told me I am far-sighted.  I can see well normally but when it comes to looking at stuff closely I have trouble focusing my eyes.  Other than getting the glasses this week there wasn't too much else.  

We had Zone Conference this week and learned some more about counseling and being more united as a mission.  We also tried to set some goals for baptisms per missionary per month.  After setting the goal that I did we made some changes to the way we are going about our work.  This week we saw a real difference in the fruit of our labors.  We made a goal to have a new investigator every day, as well as high baptismal goals.  This week after Zone Conference, we met our goal of having one new investigator every day, and on the way to setting more baptismal dates and teaching more.  We taught 6 lessons this week, the most we have had in a week my entire mission.  After seeing this change, it has really ignited an excitation and desire to work harder.

Elder Baird is doing well.  He is a very hard worker and pushes me to be a much better missionary than I have been the past couple months.  I learn a lot from him about family, unity, diligence, and having a good companionship.  We get along great and are having a good time almost all the time.

I'll send a couple pictures after this email.  
I keep forgetting to ask this but I can't remember what the scripture was that I put on my plaque, and was wondering if you could tell me what it is.  (His scripture is Doctrine & Covenants 4:3 Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work.)

Love, 
Elder Weber
Elder Weber and Elder Baird were caught in a rainstorm last night.  They got pretty wet - fortunately I sent him a new jacket last week and he said it worked great.  Maybe I should look and see if Columbia has weather proof slacks. ;)

2 comments: