Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Week 17: Stockton Creekside - Four Months In!

Dear Family and Friends,

The work is going well.  It is feeling a lot better.  The past couple weeks hadn't been going well.  Nothing felt like anything was moving.  Our investigators either don't want to get baptized yet, or still have to wait.  All 2 of them.  We have lots of potentials but we couldn't seem to make contact with some of them, nor could we get our feet in the door.  Just nothing was working.  But, with the beginning of this last week everything felt different.  I don't know what it was, but the whole area changed.  We were able to start making more appointments, and we made contact with more people.  We have found more people to teach and they all seem like some solid investigators.  We also have a new Ward Mission Leader.  He was called yesterday.  Although I was a little sad to hear that the old one had been released, I'm excited to work with the new one.  He really wants to change the way we do our work with the ward which could be a really good for the area.  It will change the way the ward goes about their missionary work and make a really lively and healthy ward.  

There really wasn't much else, other than that I am having trouble with my eyes.  When I read it hurts my eyes.  That is basically it.  I'm working on getting everything sorted out so don't worry too much.

Love,
Elder Weber
(Since this email Elder Weber has visited an eye doctor.  I suppose I'll have to wait until next Monday to hear the results.  Our Bishop, who is an eye doctor, thinks he's probably holding his reading material too close so his eyes aren't focusing and are getting tired.  We'll see if that's the case or if it's something more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment