Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week 14: Stockton Creekside - Christmas!


Waiting for a ride to church.

Dear Family and Friends,

The past week was good.  Elder Baird and I sang in the ward choir for the Christmas program.  Most of the men in the ward sing bass, including Elder Baird and I, but we decided to sing tenor with the two other tenors in the ward.  I could do it and I had a lot of fun, but it was really tough.  And then as a district we sang for the Stake Christmas Devotional, and will be singing for the mission on Thursday.  For that I get to do bass so it won't be as hard.  And one of the main things I'm learning from all of this is how to read music and sing based on the notes.  I'm also picking up on learning how to play the piano a little bit.  Sometimes I'll just go and take a Hymn book and start trying to play by what it should sound like and pairing it with the note in the book.  And it puts me in a position to learn how to sing better and be louder, so when I get home I'll have to sing for the ward and maybe I can do it with someone else.
I'm still confused on what I'm actually supposed to do on Christmas Day, so I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.  We have a general idea of what we're supposed to do and how the whole day works but it's just hard to figure it all out and stay within the rules. But the plan is to have a breakfast and open presents with a family in the ward and then stay at their house for a bit and study and do our couple hours of planning.  Then we have to find a house to go to to skype, which we are trying to think about the different families to ask.  A lot of the families in our ward are empty-nesters so it should be pretty easy to figure it out. And on Thursday we have a Devotional as a mission, so we get to be there for a couple hours and listen to music and some talks and stuff, it'll be pretty great to be a part of it.
I've gotten the package and some of the members have told us that they have some presents for us so we should be set for this year.  I was wondering though if one of the stockings is for Elder Baird. (I sent a stocking but it was before transfers so I just wrote Elder on it.) He got a big package too and so I just thought I'd figure out how to do things.
That's for over here too, so be anticipating the call of Friday.

Love,
Elder Weber


Jackson sent this picture and requested this meme.  I'm not sure if he's half walking half riding or what. But here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment