It's always exciting to think of the possibilities of what can happen during transfers. I have my hopes for what can happen next week but you never know. Most people think that both Elder Baird and I are going to be staying, but I think I've done all that I can do here. Yes it would be great to stay and share Christmas with some familiar faces, but the focus is always going to be elsewhere. And I'll try my best to not open any Christmas themed packages until then. I've already got some from Ann-Marie that have been sitting on the floor since the beginning of the transfer.
I should be able to get the gloves and everything today when the zone leaders decide to come back up to Stockton from Modesto. Recently it hasn't been as bad, but you never know what it will be like when you have no means of seeing the weather in any way. Plus it always gets colder when you're riding a bike and the wind is against you.
This past week was a pretty great week. Although it felt a little long and like not a lot happened, all in all it went well. We've met a couple people on the street and one of them we were able to teach a full lesson to. One person we had been trying to contact for a while after knocking on her door and we finally met her. We found out that she had been baptized when she was young and doesn't even really remember what the church is all about. It's definitely a great find for the ward. And at church yesterday, we had one investigator that has been coming to church for a while and she has expressed that she really wants to get baptized, but her husband who is in prison doesn't want her to get baptized until he gets out in May. So, we fasted for her husband to change his mind so that she can get baptized earlier. And we had another guy who we met on the street come to church and he said he enjoyed so we are excited to move forward with him. I'll have to take more pictures soon so that I can send more next week.
I hope all remains well at home.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment