Tomorrow is transfer day, but we received our calls Saturday night and get the time from then til Tuesday to pack and be ready to leave. I'm still in Stockton though. The more I thought about the area and the work within it, I realized that there are certain things that need to be finished before I leave. There are things that I want to do, but there are things that the Lord wants me to do, and so I shall stay for as long as He needs me here. Elder Baird is staying as well. So I get to keep training for the full 12 weeks.
I end up emailing pretty late just because we like to get all of our laundry and cleaning done before we leave to go shopping and eat. So we don't get to the computers until about 2:30pm. Then we leave around 5:30 if possible to make it to dinner and to start proselyting. And we have been getting a little later just because we've been taking longer to get here.
And I did get pedals, they were like $15 at walmart. They have metal on them instead of just the full plastic. So we'll see if they last any longer than the other ones. For a while I just had them both duct taped together so that it wasn't too uncomfortable to ride on them. There should be a picture below.
I'll be sure to hold on to the packages until Christmas so that I have something to open when the day comes. I already have a couple from Anne too, and some of the families said they have presents for us so I'll be set and so will Elder Baird.
This last week has been alright. It had it's ups and downs. We started out the week really well with some new investigators and meeting new people. We were able to teach some full lessons and make some more appointments. Along with them, there are others that are here who we hoping to get baptized soon. One of them, her husband is in prison and doesn't want her to get baptized until he gets out because he wants to be there when it happens. He doesn't get out until May so we are a little disappointed, but we will either keep trying to persist or just have to wait until May. We hope though that he will eventually change his mind through the right guidance.
Well I'll leave it at that and try to send a couple more pictures along with the pedals.
Love,
Elder Weber
I asked Elder Weber if he received the gloves and earmuffs that he asked for. He responded with a picture and said "I did get them, and I use them all the time, even if it doesn't seem like I'm doing it right." You can be the judge:

No comments:
Post a Comment