Our plans for thanksgiving consist of doing what we do every day. Yes we get to have a dinner and a big meal, but then we have to go and try to proselyte like usual. As for our investigators, we only have one progressing right now, but the rest are kind of dropping out of contact or just don't follow through with their commitments.
We are doing a lot of work and talking to more people and doing our best to bring as many people unto Christ as possible. But, something we have quickly found out is that the really good investigators come from members bringing their friends. I have a huge testimony of members being the real reason that people come and are baptized into the church. I look back at all the time I had to invite my friends and acquaintances to church, and how easy it really is. I wish I would have opened my mouth more while I was in school. It doesn't matter how busy we think we are. There is always time to talk to other people and invite them to church, or tell them about what we believe. There is every opportunity in all that we do to invite all to come unto Christ. I challenge everyone to open their mouths and talk more about the church. Give the Elders in the ward something to do so it doesn't seem like they just sit around all day everyday, because I know with an area like ours that's probably what ends up happening. I know that as everyone does this that they will be blessed and see that difference in their lives.
Sorry this email is short but there isn't too much else that happened this week.
And as usual, there is always a little something to be asked for:
The pedals on my bike are breaking, so I would like some metal bike pedals.
Some gloves and earmuffs.
And, one of those jackets similar to the blue one that dad has, but in a dark grey color if possible.
Until next week.
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment