Monday, November 2, 2015

Week 7: Stockton Creekside - Amazing News!

Jackson and his friends Billy(on left) and Patrick (in middle) after a good game of rugby.


Dear Family and Friends,

Everything is going very well.  Lots of great news here too!

A friend of Jackson's from when we lived in England is getting baptized this coming Sunday.  I could hardly wait until Monday to share the news with Jackson!
First off, that's absolutely crazy that Patrick is getting baptized! Major congratulations to him on his baptism and let him know that I wish I could go but you know, I'm kind of restricted because I'm on my mission.  

Being on Facebook you have the opportunity to hear things about your missionary during the week from members in the area.  This last week a woman asked if Elder Weber was my son and then shared the fruit snack story.
The fruit snacks were good.  We've eaten quite a lot of them but there are still a ton that we can eat.  We walked into the church to use the bathroom real quick after the other ward finished their trunk or treat and the lady offered us the whole box, and we weren't going to say no!  So we took the whole box.  

That's too bad that the football team didn't win but they're doing better than the past couple years so that's good.  And Air Academy will be an easy game so they will easily go 5-5.

And now for my real news!

I'm staying in Creekside.  But I'll be training a New Missionary as of tomorrow.  I'll have no idea what he looks like or even what his name is until we have the meeting tomorrow afternoon, and then I can tell you all about him next week.  As for Elder Larson.  He is going down to North Modesto to be a Zone Leader.  But it's still really rare and crazy that I'll be training a new missionary after my first 6 weeks.  We also have some investigators committed to baptism and many progressing towards the same ordinance.

Now for a couple requests:
Can you send my guitar some time?
And can you send me one or two more long sleeve white shirts?  I run out of shirts by the end of the week and I'm gonna be needing the long sleeves pretty soon.

Anyways, until next week.

Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment