Dear family and friends,
We were supposed to have the baptism this weekend, but through some thinking as to how the lessons went and some communication things, we decided to go back to the beginning of the lessons and start over. We figured we could see if he wanted to get baptized for the right reasons.
My new companion is doing great! He basically already knows all of what to do. He came out super prepared and can really express his thoughts in a way that the people we get to teach understand what they are learning. I hardly have to teach him, all I really have to do concentrate his skills into the right focuses.
It has been getting pretty chilly. I wear the sweaters and I have that black track jacket and I can't find anything good at Ross. I'm really trying to find a black sweater but there aren't any that fit me, or a grey jacket like the track one I have. I'll be fine with what I have but it would be awesome to have some more to choose from.
After looking in to shipping his guitar I found that I could practically buy him a new one on Amazon for the same price. I asked if maybe something small like a ukulele would be a good option, especially since he has to carry it around for 2 years. I also asked about Christmas because I've noticed on a missionary mom website so many moms sending gifts/packages to their Elder and his companion so I was wondering if this was actually necessary.
A ukulele would be cool, and if you send any guides to the hymns then I would totally be down to learn how to play it. My companion is pretty supported by his family and I don't doubt him getting anything from his family. I can't think of anything that we could need right now but if anything comes up I'll be sure to ask.
For the rest of the week, it went pretty well. We did our best to talk to more people and we definitely saw a change in how we feel and how we are going to be teaching in the future. We also had the opportunity to do a lot of service this week. On Saturday, there is a group that does a coat drive to donate coats to all the people in need in Stockton at the arena here. In doing what we did there I got to see how much the Lord has blessed me in comparison to all the people here. I'll share what I said to some one else in one of my emails. -As a missionary I can't help but see the Lords hand in my life. I see how He has helped me in the past, how He has tried to talk to me in my low points, and in my high points. I also see His blessings as I help so many others on my mission. How He has blessed me and my family as I am here doing His will. I see how He has changed me for better and so I can learn how to better myself. Having the viewpoint of a missionary really helps you see how your life and the lives of others have been blessed. I know that as we do our best to do His will, we will see the blessings He gives us. I'll share our mission vision. It says that we should "Be one with the Savior, in doing the will of the Father." As we do this we will see the blessings He gives each of us. In closing, we need to be more humble and to see how the Lord has blessed us each day.
Elder Weber

No comments:
Post a Comment