Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 81: Stockton YSA

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was pretty crazy.  Tuesday we switched apartments.  Wednesday we had a meeting in Modesto.  Thursday we had a meeting in Modesto for the new initiative that came out.  Friday was was kinda normal kinda not.  Saturday and Sunday were conference and now here we are.  I'll start on the apartment.  It's a nice change.  I've been on exchanges in the apartment before and it's always been a cool apartment to be in.  It feels about the same size as the last one, but we only have one bathroom in this one.  Still two bedrooms and good sized living area and kitchen.  I really like it.  Some of the Sisters just moved out of it so it's super clean.  The goal now is to just keep it clean and neat.

The new initiative the church officially posted on Friday is awesome.  Nothing like I would have expected it to be.  It brings an awesome message as well.  The topic is "The Prince of Peace" as Christ is called in the prophecy by Isaiah in chapter 9 verse 6.  In the world in which we live we see elements of disaster, heartbreak, and turmoil.  The short message implies that we can learn "principles of peace from the Prince of Peace."  Similar to the "Light the World" initiative over Christmas, there are a few follow-up videos to go along with the main video to help us to learn such principles of peace.  This initiative came at the perfect time I would say.  So much may be going on throughout the world that all they may need is a little bit of peace, or we may each be suffering from individual trials and are in search of peace.  Whatever it may be we know that it is only in and through the Savior Jesus Christ that we can find true happiness, joy, and peace in this life.  Probably one of the few immediate and temporal blessings that we can receive.  Prince of Peace video link

I learned a lot from conference over the weekend as well.  It's crazy how you may have some questions, concerns, or just trials and what is shared in conference can be exactly what makes you change or gives you strength.  I really enjoy being able to go to the church and focus in on what the authorities are saying.  I also do my best to take notes.  The notes aren't even to look back on reflect over what I learned, but more to help me to pay attention and focus on what might be relevant to me at this time.  I know that the leaders who are called to oversee wards, stakes, areas and regions, as well as the entire church itself, are inspired and true men of God.  Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to pinpoint such problems as we may have in our lives and bring us the truth that we needed to hear.  

Love,
Elder Weber

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Your last six months can be your most effective because you have learned so much about the work. As a convert who was taught by Elders I feel deeply the importance of what you are doing. Push hard the last six months and the blessings will flow throughout your entire life. Bro. Rice

    ReplyDelete