Dear Family and Friends,
This last week was crazy busy. We had President interviews, exchanges with the Elders that we share the family ward with, and exchanges with the assistants to the president. We also attended a baptism for a man that my companion and I taught the first lesson to a couple weeks ago. Our area is doing pretty well. We're receiving more people teach here and there from members that we are working with, as well as meeting with the bishops and ward mission leaders on what we can help on and do more of to bring greater love and success to these wards. I've really come to love this area. Some of it may just be because I was assigned to these areas for so long, but I really to love being here and working here. If I could stay here the rest of my mission I would do it, but I don't know what the Lord has in store for me. We personally may not have had the most success over the past couple months, but I know that we are making a difference in this stake with all that we do.
One funny thing. At least to me. So the other day while on exchanges in our area, I ran into an old Jehovah's witness guy that I talked to a couple months ago. The first time we met him it didn't go all that well. We just didn't really get anywhere when we talked with him. He tried to bash that time around. However, this time I went about it a little differently. I didn't try to just jump in and share what I thought was right. He came at us with the same exact questions he did the first time. This time I allowed him to share his scriptures to "prove" why he was right, and we let him expand upon it. He then asked us something about who or how many would be saved. The Elder I was with found the scripture the man was referencing and threw in a little remark on how we believe all who repent will be saved. Then my purpose was to back up his statement with a scripture so the man wouldn't call us out. I searched pretty quickly and came across a scripture in the new testament and expanded upon it to show that all who come unto the Savior and repent of their sins will be saved. There is no limit to the amount of people that can return to live with our Father in Heaven. The only limit is our agency and willingness to follow Him. It is only by our choice that we can return. We may receive grace from the actions of our Savior, but they will not be forced upon us because of the perfectness of God's plan.
Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:
Post a Comment