Jackson and his Grandma Weber
Dear Family and Friends,
Obviously with whatever goes on in the outside world you can't just pause the work of the Lord. Likewise, just because something happens can't just pause life in general to take care of some things. I'll share a little about my thoughts and what's been going on since Grandma Weber has passed. So she passed Wednesday, and I heard about it on Thursday. We had planned to do exchanges with the Assistants to the President (the next highest set of Elders above Zone Leaders) and so we were already going to be going to Modesto. We had been rushing to get our stuff ready to go down and we were already running late to when we had planned to meet up. We decided initially that we would just meet at their house, but as I was gathering something they called again. In my rushing I didn't respond normally, and it stayed quiet, so I gave the normal introduction stating myself and my companion. The Elder on the other end said that it was him and his companion and President Palmer. They then asked if we could just meet them at the mission office. Immediately I knew something happened. In all honesty I thought I was in trouble. With all that has been going on and how busy we've been I felt that I had missed something or done something wrong. I said we could meet them there and finished gathering everything and headed out. We drove down in silence with our MoTab playing quietly. The whole time I'm trying to get there speedily but within limitations, and freaking out all along the way. Finally we get there and the Assistants are just sitting at one of the tables in the office working on some stuff and President asks me to join him in his office. By this point I'm at peak scared mode. What's going to happen??? He sits me down and pulls out a sheet of paper. He said it was from my parents. Then my thoughts changed from "What did I do?" to "What happened at home?" He shared with me all the details that were relayed to him that Grandma Weber had passed away after routine surgery and contracting an infection. I remember a year and a half ago I thought that if Grandma had passed away right then that I wouldn't really mind since she had been sick for so long. However, as soon as hearing what was to be said, I began to cry. I shared that I didn't expect to react in such a way with that kind of news with her, but he reassured me that my different reaction comes with a greater understanding of the Plan of Salvation. That since I have changed a lot over the last year and a half that it has made that difference in my life. He further shared that she is there on the other side of the veil helping me and ancestors of those I teach to teach and receive better the Gospel of our Savior Jesus Christ. Since that day, I have felt greater strength every day. I know she is there guiding me and helping me. It gives the added push to further myself and do all that is required. To remain exactly obedient and diligent. To be the better person I have grown to become. It may be a time of sorrow, but the blessings that come from this are immeasurable. A greater understanding of the Atonement, a personal and first hand experience of this to better testify of this gospel.
Overall things are going well though. We have some really good investigators that we taught recently and are seeming to progress well. I forgot my sd card so I can't send pictures, but next week I'll be sure to send some. This week should be good though.
Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:
Post a Comment