This week was pretty crazy. Not a single normal day since last Sunday. (I guess I should say a normal day is a day of only proselyting) Sundays are church, Mondays preparation day, Tuesday was transfers, and we drove down to Modesto twice, first for my companion, and second for a new set of Elders coming up to Stockton with no car. Wednesday we went down to Modesto for a meeting with a bunch of the leaders in the mission. By the way my companion is new to being a zone leader. Thursdays are district meeting, Fridays are weekly planning, and Saturday we had the breakfast at the Stake Presidents house that we have every transfer. So I haven't had a full proselyting day in a while. Good/bad. Fun/boring. It's all mission stuff and wouldn't trade it for anything else. All in all this last week was good despite all the driving and such.
My companion came up to Stockton from the Turlock area. He spent the last year down there hopping between the Spanish areas. This is his first time in an English area. He's from New York, Long Island. He's also a convert of about 3 years. He's super cool. We've had a lot of fun together the last week and the next bit looks pretty good. We have the two new Elders living with us for the transfer. I didn't find out until the night before. We had to move all of our furniture around to accommodate. So far it's been pretty fun. Different to just be intruded on in a way, but it's no problem to me. I can adjust easy. They also are in the Spanish ward. So all three of the Elders I live with speak Spanish, so I'm taking this opportunity to learn Spanish while they're here. So far I can just understand what they say most of the time, but hopefully I'll pick up some more stuff.
That's about it for this week. Not too much in terms of proselyting, but hopefully we'll have more success come as we get more time to work.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment