Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 68: Stockton YSA! Habenero Hots Happy New Year!

 
Dear Family and Friends,
This week was good. Lots of fun stuff happened which I'll talk all about.
So there's this place in Lodi called Habanero Hots. They do a lot of Mexican food and a lot of cool salsas and spices. A few of the Elders over the last couple transfers had gone and done this challenge that they have. The challenge is to eat a habanero pepper whole, stem and everything. And considering that the pepper is one of the hottest in the world it's pretty tough. At first it wasn't that bad, but as you start biting into the seeds it just starts to sting and burn your mouth. However, it seems that I tend to be different. It only burned for like 30 minutes whereas for others it burned for over an hour. That and I haven't really had any problems like everyone else usually has. It was fun. I'll send a video later.
New years was a blast. Nothing better than being inside by 7:30 and being in bed by 10:30 like normal. It was pretty hard to proselyte that night but we made it work. We watched a 24 year old church movie called mountain of the Lord. It just makes us want to go to the Salt lake temple even more.
Sooooooo. Transferrrrrsssss. This one was kind of a surprise. So I'm going back to the Stockton YSA. I'll be a zone leader and my companion's name is Elder Jeong. It's going to be kinda weird to go back to the same area I was in before I came up to Galt, but I'm excited. I feel like there's a lot that I can still do there so we'll see. I'm pretty sure I'll have the same apartment and all the other stuff, so we'll see how it goes. I'll get there tomorrow so next week will be the big reveal.
That's about it for this week. It'll be exciting to see what the next transfer holds in store.
Love,
Elder Weber
p.s. The computers in Lodi went down earlier and so we had to come down to Stockton to send everything out.  All better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment