Dear Family and Friends,
It's so hard to write after I've just been able to talk to you, but I'll try my best. After we skyped we went to dinner and then we went caroling for a little while with some of the Sisters in our zone. It was a lot of fun. An effective way to use the last hours of the night and not be annoyed because no one will talk to us. But it was a good way to finish out Christmas.
Really not much happened this week. We had one lesson with an investigator, and exchanges, but not too much else. The Christmas devotional we had for our mission was a lot of fun. It was good to hear from a lot of other people and see their talents. So different from last year, obviously because there are so many different missionaries that come and go. Our mission is so close to all Modesto missionaries, only like 2 transfers and then the first Sisters start to go home. How scary! We performed our own version with Hermana Curtis and Hermana Parkinson from our district. It was a lot of fun.
Christmas eve went smoothly. Very different in comparison to last year. Last year we had lots of extra things to do, this year it was a completely open day. We walked for about 5 hours in total, but made some solid stops in between. We also had a lunch with the family we skyped with and then two dinners. One with a family who have been having the missionaries come for dinner for a while, and then after we went to our Ward Mission Leader's house. Sunday morning we woke up and didn't have to exercise so we went straight to opening our presents. Elder Petersen went first and then I opened mine. He got quite a few needed things, as did I. Then when we were done we got ready and went to church. It was fairly relaxed.
Our Christmas was semi white too. It may be California but we got up and it was like 30 outside and when we went out to our car to head to church there was frost all over the place. It was sweet! Felt like home. I think that's about it. Still doing okay and all is well. I'm trying to find a USB converter to like or a speaker that I can use USB on. I did find one on amazon at one point and it was like $20. I can't really listen to music in the house now because I don't have the mp3, but I have a USB with a bunch of stuff on it. I'll keep my eye out.
Work is slow, but maybe it came from the holidays. So we'll see how this week goes.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment