Dear Family and Friends,
December is going well. It's surprising how in just a year I've become a huge wimp to the cold! It only gets down to 40 and my companion and I are freezing. All in all, the weather is good, it just feels cold now. We've gotten a lot more rain than last year. Which is good for the area, but as a missionary it kinda sucks to work in. Oh well... Things are going well though. We've been super busy this last week and I'll explain most of it. Just a lot of driving was done.
Tuesday we went to the Oakland temple! You read that right! My companion has a convert in Modesto and we were invited to go to the temple with them to do baptisms for his father and grandfathers. It was a super cool experience. It had been a year and 3 months since I had been to the temple and it was so refreshing. Just be on the grounds was amazing. I'll send pictures to go along with it. I was a lot of fun and we didn't want to leave, but we have to. It was especially interesting leaving mission boundaries to go, which is why we don't go that often.
The rest of the week was good. We had the ward Christmas party on Friday and that was super fun. Some of the youth got together with one of the ladies in the ward and do a bell choir thing. They don't use the traditional bells, they used ones that looked like pieces of a xylophone. Either way it was super cool sounding.
All is well. My companion should be good for Christmas. Last week the other Elders moved into their new apartment so we're alone again. Kinda quiet, but it's whatever. We got a little tree from Kaelen and her family. It's nice. So it looks a little like Christmas in our house. It should be good.
One last thing. What time will you have church so we can plan around skyping. We will have church from 9-10. And then probably lunch with someone and then maybe be able to skype right after. Idk how solid it is yet but maybe we can plan on like 2 or 3. Up to you.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment