Monday, November 28, 2016

Week 63: Galt 1st Ward



Dear Family and Friends,

Transfer weeks always have some sort of crazy thing going on.  Started out with the other Galt Elders moving in with us.  It's pretty weird having another two people in the house.  It's good because it fills the house and it doesn't feel so empty now but it's different.  Kinda feel like I'm playing parent asking people to clean up and making sure everything is in order.  We have fun though.  Playing music, just visiting.  It's all good.  

Tuesday we had pretty good lesson with one investigator, and it's been really tough to try to get him to understand why we are there (I think because he's Filipino and didn't grow up here) but this time I think he understood and instead of having us wait 2 weeks to go back he invited us back a week later.  On Wednesday we stopped by the father of one of the less-active converts in the ward and we have been trying to teach him for a while.  He invited us inside and said that he's been looking for God and that he figured since we go about talking about God he should let us in and see if we are God's way of reaching out to him.  How awesome!  We shared the book of mormon with him and are doing our best to get back over and teach a full discussion and get him moving along.The rest of our week has been good.  

Thanksgiving was good.  We ended up with two meals and so we felt extra fat by the end of our second full meal.  We had another person we were going to go see who invited us over for food as well, so we went dreading potentially having to eat more, but they turned us away and the girl we are trying to teach talked with us a bit on her porch.

Other than that we've had the opportunity to learn more about the Light the World initiative that came out on Friday.  It's such a wonderful idea to get you families involved in loving and serving others.  How inspired our leaders are for creating such an awesome video and initiative.  It makes me so excited to be able to act on it and share it with others, as well as learn more about the Savior in the process.  I've felt so much joy learning about the Savior and sharing the Light the World initiative with everyone.  It's been awesome.  I was telling my companion that the feeling I get as I think about the Savior and what he did for me is inexplicable and overpowering.  I just want to keep that feeling and share it with everyone.  I'm excited to keep sharing the video with everyone and I have great hopes that it will bring many blessings.  

Love,
Elder Weber

Light the World Video 

No comments:

Post a Comment