Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 5: Stockton Creekside - Just Say No to Salad?

I received this picture from a family in Stockton who fed the missionaries the other night along with a short message that included: Elder Weber says He still doesn't like salad! He says hi and he loves and misses you!
At least there was cake so he won't starve, right?  Maybe in two years he'll come home liking salad.  Miracles happen, right?

Here is Jackson's letter today.  Since some of his letter is in response to comments or questions I made in a letter to him I'll put my thoughts in italics.  Fancy isn't it? ;)

Hi family and friends,

Stockton is great!  The longer we are here though the more we start to understand how bad of a town it really is.  And the ward is great!  The work is really moving along.  We have actual investigators now!  And we heard one of them is thinking about baptism already.  How crazy is that?  So along with a lot more work with the ward members, and the focus on other less-actives, we will be busy.  

A boy in our ward had his mission farewell yesterday and the topic was being Christlike.
That's a good topic for Dale to learn about before he leaves.  He will learn in the MTC that one of the main focus of being a missionary is having the Christlike attributes listed in the Preach My Gospel.  And for him, having learned about the Christlike life, the attributes lead to the missionary life aspect.  That's also pretty great that most of the youth were able to go see him after the fireside.  
Last week Jordan had one of those "teenage girls being mean" moments. 
I'm just happy you didn't decide to start going to another ward because the other girls were being ridiculous. We've encountered some people that have hurt feelings and sometimes we just think "suck it up and don't get offended for no reason".  But they can be as childish as they want to be.  We aren't going to force them to do anything they don't want to do.  

I'll try to take more pictures to send, but there isn't a whole lot to take, or I just forget to have my camera with me.

So a couple questions:
How is the football team?
How do I spot clean a tie?

And I'm going to buy some mini scriptures like Dale had.
But anyways, gotta get back out there.

Love, 
Elder Weber


1 comment: