Friday, September 16, 2016

Week 52: Galt 1st Ward - Half Way!



Dear Family and Friends,

It's been a year.  And it still feels like yesterday I was starting High School and trying to fit in and find new friends in a completely new state.  But now, I'm 19, halfway into one of the largest stepping stones of my life, and it's going by too fast.  Unbelieveable!  This week has been pretty different.  Galt had a heritage festival over the weekend where they celebrated all the different cultures of the area.  We volunteered to help set up on Friday and then to coordinate and do other things during the festival, and then to help take down the festival.  It turned out really well and was a lot of fun.  

My companion and I spoke in sacrament meeting on Sunday as well.  I spoke on following the prophet, and he spoke on leadership and not seeking to look better than others but to truly seek to serve others.The bishop mentioned that combined we really brought the spirit.  All in all Sunday was really good and a lot of change was made.

It doesn't feel like I've been out for a year.  In the moment it feels like it lasts a while, but before I know it, a week, two weeks, a month, a transfer, and now a year is gone.  Not much else is really going on though.  We only have the one investigator at the moment.  She still wants to get baptized but just isn't sure when she wants to, so that's what we are working on.  We have a lot of finding going on, so just a whole lot of trying to be outside talking to people and using the members.  

I haven't gotten the package yet, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.  

Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment