Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week 50: Galt 1st Ward - Transfers

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was alright.  Pretty slow right before transfers.  But we suffered through it and did our best to stay diligent and happy.  Elder Liddell is being transferred to Manteca and I am staying here in Galt.  I'll be with Elder Campbell and we will be co-district leaders, meaning it's not all on me anymore.  This is his last transfer too, so it will be another one full of hard work and hopefully success.  

Being a district leader was good.  Every week I have to prepare an hour and a half training or lesson, and do my best to make it as spiritual as possible.  It's really easy to think of something to teach, but making sure every minute is filled with meaningful discussion is really tough and stressful.  Other than that I'm just the go to person for anyone in the district that wants a blessing.  It's really fun but the only thing I don't like is doing the trainings every week.  

The area is okay.  Galt is still really slow, but It can all be taken care of with hard dedicated work and some long days.  So I'm really excited about how this coming transfer will go.  We taught a lesson the other day to this filipino guy that we tracted into.  As we gauged where his testimony was he mentioned that he used to be Catholic.  I asked why he didn't go anymore, and he said "because I believe in Jesus Christ."  We might have misheard him but it was still really funny.  Other than that it was a really good lesson.

I really am doing well and having a great time, it's just keeping my thoughts in line and trying to write down all that happens every week is hard.  I'll keep trying to share great stuff every week though.

Sincerely,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment