Dear Family and Friends,
I'm doing well. This last week went by really fast. We are starting week 6 of this transfer, the only difference is that this transfer is 7 weeks long, so I've got two more weeks in this transfer. This transfer has gone by pretty fast though. The first week took a little while, but since then it's gotten progressively faster.
We went up to Galt this week. We had dinner up there, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity and go and visit all the people that live up there that we can't just go and see on a normal day. We stopped by a house, and the kid was in Utah at school, but we talked to his mom and she let us walk around their property. They had about 5 acres for their living property, and then like another 5 acres of vineyard. They had a huge and cool looking house, and we walked around for a bit because we had been driving for the last hour. I have pictures, but I left the camera at the apartment.
We went to this place for dinner on Friday called Papapavlos. It's a 5 star, 5 course meal restaurant that this super rich guy took us. It's greek, and we had flaming cheese, grilled prawn, I had a soup because I don't eat salad, and then a lobster tail with a seafood pasta, it had noodles, little shrimps, scallops, and prawns, and then an ice cream Sundae. It was a ton of food. I ate most of it, just had about half my pasta left and took it home. But my companion can eat like crazy. He had the same first 3 courses but with a salad, and the Sundae, but he had a 24oz porterhouse steak, lobster tail, and half of the rich guy's food. So he had like 32oz of steak, and all of his veggies and everything. Basically he can just eat a ton of food, and he said that he still wasn't full. He's about 6'3" and weighs 220lbs. We don't know where he puts it all, but he can put it all away.
That's about it. I'm having fun and enjoying my work. We have a couple investigators and one moving toward baptism, but we still need to finish teaching him and everything. That's about it, I'll try to send the pictures next week.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment