Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 2: Stockton Creekside - Hey Ya'll

Hey y'all...

Yeah that's probably not the best thing to leave in an email. (Jackson had a friend who sent an email to his mom from the MTC that only said Hey Ya'll.  No letter just Hey Ya'll.  Don't fear she got a wonderful letter today.)

But anyways.  Yeah I'm in Stockton.  Everyone says it's really bad here but so far it's a fantastic place.  Although the neighborhoods are pretty run down the people here are so nice and genuine.  And we talked to a couple people who were surprised that my first area was Stockton, but I don't see anything wrong with it.  I can handle it.  

My companion is Elder Larson.  He's from Smithfield, he says it's right by Logan. We're getting along pretty well, we have plenty of great times, and plenty of jokes to throw around.  We have an apartment, and when we moved in the apartment was completely trashed.  We've spent at least an hour of the past 5 days just trying to clean it up, and it still isn't completely clean.  The first Sunday was great, it was fast and testimony meeting and I decided to get up, and in doing so I guilt tripped just about every person in the ward in to wanting to go up after I went up.  

The field is great.  We got shotgunned in so we are basically starting brand new, which has it's ups and downs.  So far we are just trying to meet every one on the ward list and meet new people to teach.  We don't have a car, so we bike everywhere.  The bike is good, so far it hasn't broken and no one has stolen anything from it.  

Well, that's all I have.

Love, 
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment