Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 103: Ceres

Dear Family and Friends,

The rest of our week was good.  Still really hard to get outside and do stuff, but we try our best with the restrictions and limitations of my companion.  Thursday we went back to the doctors office for a follow-up appointment for Elder Redmon's arm and they said it's been healing really well.  He got 50 staples in total to close each side of his arm where they did surgery.  He got a plate on each bone in his arm and 6 or 7 screws in each plate.  The x-rays of the fix look pretty good.  He's been getting better and the pain is subsiding little by little, but it's still hard for him to get outside especially with the heat and humidity in the area.  We go back to the doctor again this Thursday to see how he's doing again and to maybe get some staples out.  We had our baptism on Saturday.  It was really good.  A ton of people showed up.  Like 80 something.  Church was good too.  We had the confirmations and testimony meeting.  

I didn't ever think I would be a departing missionary.  I always thought that going home was something that happened to everyone else but not to me.  I'm just going to stay a missionary forever.  But it's gotta end at some point and I have to get on with life so it just takes accepting it and moving on.  Definitely bitter-sweet feelings all around.  There's stuff that I'll miss and stuff I'll be completely done with, and stuff that I'm excited for at home and other things that I'm scared straight about.  But I'll just take it as it comes.  

Love,
Elder Weber

No comments:

Post a Comment