This week was good. Really busy. The Ceres area is going great. We have more investigators than I've had in a while and plenty of other people we can be trying by to try to teach again or invite to learn. School started here this last Wednesday, which means that everyone is getting back into their schedules and many people whom we could or couldn't catch before now either open up or get super busy. But that's just how it goes.
Amidst all the work we've been doing I was invited to speak this last Sunday and we have to prepare for yet another zone conference this week. I was asked to speak on "Developing a testimony of the Savior." As I was studying I was reflecting upon my testimony and what I have come to know better as I have served my mission. I remembered a talk that was given in the October 2016 General Conference as I was preparing and it was by Elder Cook, titled "Valiant in the Testimony of Jesus." What I was really looking for was the scriptural reference given within the first paragraph that the title comes from. To keep the verses to a small amount I shared from the talk D&C 76:78-79. What they tell us is all those who do not live "Valiant in the testimony of Jesus" receive the glory just short of Celestial. In order to receive the glory of our Father in Heaven we must not only accept the gospel and believe it, but we must live it. This I have come to know also that our work never ends. We must always be doing the Lord's work, whether it be missionary work, temple/family history work, fulfilling our callings, serving others, and so on. This is an active gospel. I know it to be true.
Love,
Elder Weber
No comments:
Post a Comment