October 17, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,
So far this new transfer is going super well and full of fun. I haven't been able to take a normal good picture with Elder Petersen. However, I was able to get a good picture by the freeway. Elder Petersen plays the guitar too and so we have been able to teach each other a couple new things and we sing super loud and just have fun. This transfer should be a ton of fun.
We've been doing quite a lot of finding still. So far it's getting better. We did have Kaelen get baptized last transfer, but other than her, we didn't have any investigators. But now we are doing a lot better and have found some more people to teach.
My companion is from Pleasant Grove, Utah. He's been out 1 transfer less than I have.
As for my clothes, I don't really fit in any of the khakis any more and all the other pants I have are pretty tight but they will do fine as long as I don't keep gaining weight. My shoes should be okay for a while now too.
Random picture on the street. This is what California is like!
Love,
Elder Weber
_________________________________________________________________
October 24, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,
This week has been good. Each transfer we go on an exchange with either our District or Zone leader, or as a district leader we go with each Elder in our district. So we had that last week and I was in Lodi. Since I am with all the spanish missionaries we go to the more run down areas where there are more spanish people. While we were there, we sat down with this homeless guy who was trying to spread word about not eating this stuff called "fitates." And then he talked about how he is basically a Taoist. It's like this chinese hippie religion, and it has it's own book. But he was super chill and cool about us sharing some about Christ. He was just really weird and into some pretty crazy things.
Other than that we have been finding more people to teach and our area is getting better. The members are doing a great job at trying to all feed us and keeping their eyes out for people to share the gospel with. It's been super cool to see.
I actually picked up a guitar about 4 or 5 transfers. It took some work to get it to be as good as my one at home. All new strings. A new bridge. Lots of playing. It sounds and plays a lot better than when I got it though. I'll send a couple pictures of it. He has a little guitar that's missing a string so we mostly play on mine. I've learned a lot and got a lot better at a lot of different songs.
Overall we are doing well. This transfer has a lot in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment